A combi boiler provides central heating and hot water. It heats water instantaneously when a hot tap or shower is turned on.
It is difficult for us to quote a price for a new boiler over the phone as there are many different types of boilers and it is important that the correct boiler is chosen for your property and lifestyle. Therefore, it is essential for us to arrange for Richard Buxton to visit your property to assess your existing boiler and pipework, recommend a new one and also determine the amount of work that is involved. After this free assessment we would be in a position to provide you with an accurate quote.
We recommend that all gas appliances be serviced annually to ensure their safe and efficient operation. Contact Buxton Heating on 07974 310085 to arrange an annual service.
Grayshott, Haslemere, Bordon, Godalming, Guildford, Farnham, Milford, Petersfield, Liss, Liphook, Alton, Petworth, Midhurst.
Gas Safe registered engineers can work on gas boilers. All Buxton Heating engineers are Gas Safe registered. (Gas Safe has now replaced CORGI as the official body for gas safety. Oftec registered engineers work on and comission oil boilers. We have registered engineers within Buxton Heating.
Yes, because they only produce hot water when it is needed. Wide modulation ranges ensure smooth operation, fewer ignitions, greater reliability and lower fuel bills.
No, because a combi boiler provides heat for central heating and heats water for your taps on demand, there is no need for tanks in the loft or a hot water storage cylinder.
The pump and expansion vessel, major components of the heating and hot water system, are built into a system boiler, which means that installation is quicker, neater, easier and more efficient. The system boiler pumps hot water through the heating system to the radiators and to the hot water storage cylinder.
If you have a high demand for hot water, for example if you have more than one bathroom or shower room, a system boiler may be the perfect choice for you. If you’re not sure which type of boiler is best for your needs, Richard Buxton will be happy to visit and advise.
A Gas Safe-registered engineer should service your boiler every year.
All engineers at Buxton Heating are Gas Safe. Regulations are always being revised for our engineer’s safety – an annual service and safety check will make sure you’re up-to-date and safe too.
Problems in winter could be due to more demand and longer running times but annual safety checks should highlight any issues before they arise.
It’s often because the “heating” side of the boiler is not used for about six months and valves get stuck. This can be because of sludge and gunge in the system. If people put their heating on for a few minutes once a week throughout the summer, many problems would likely never happen when the cold spell hits. Buxton heating can service gas, oil domestic and commercial boilers.
- An unvented cylinder has a higher flow rate – up to 40 Litres minute (dependent on mains water pressure/flow)
- In a large house you can have a hot water circuit with an unvented cylinder. This means you can have immediate access to hot water without waiting for it. This is not possible with a Combination Boiler.
- You have increased warranty options if Buxton Heating install a Worcester Bosch Unvented Cylinder and boiler together.
- The unvented cylinder has to be heated prior to use, taking up to 30 minutes. A Combination boiler will heat water on demand, Delivering instant hot water.
- A Combi does not have an emergency electric immersion heater – an unvented cylinder does.
- A Combination boiler takes up much less room in the property, freeing up valuable storage space, especially in smaller properties.